Photo by Chris Scott

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Creamola Foam

Yes, that's right. I'm writing you a blog about confectionery. Ish.

So yeah, you talk to most Scottish folk over the age of about twenty and most of them should have fond memories of Creamola Foam.

Photobucket

I remember this. My mam hated it, but my brother and I used to get it when we went to see our paternal granny at weekends. It was available in two flavours, raspberry and orange, and raspberry was undoubtedly my favourite one. Alas, when I was about ten or eleven it went off the market.

However, one morning I was walking down Merkland St (near Partick underground / train / bus station) when I passed the sweet shop there, I saw this pinned to the door:

Photobucket

So yeah, not Creamola Foam, but an exact replica.

The following day I bought two tubs - one raspberry, one orange - and went on my merry way to work. On my break I tried glasses of both. Indeed, it was pretty good. Exactly as I remembered.

Then came the flat bit at the bottom of the glass after all the foam has gone. I have to say, I'd forgotten what a disappointment it was. A little too authentic an experience, perhaps.

Maybe somewhat pointless, this one, but I needed to let it out :) Normal, more sensible service shall resume shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment