Photo by Chris Scott

Wednesday 15 August 2012

On jobhunts and homesickness

At the present moment, I have decided to dinghy the possibility of a post grad.

I was on holiday at home for the last couple of weeks, and while I was there a statement arrived from the Student Loans Company. Seems the interest on my as yet unpaid loan has now raised it to the tune of nearly £14,000. This, on top of an overdraft that has yet to be paid off in full, is putting me off the prospect of getting into any more debt than I presently need. I don't think I want to wait another 23 years to have it written off. I might just need to start buying lottery tickets...hell, it might happen!

Yeah, I was at home for a family wedding, and after that I barely realised just how little time I had. And also how homesick I was at the thought of leaving. I'm feeling a little better now that I'm actually in Glasgow, but I wish my trip to the homestead could have lasted a little longer. I still don't think I'd ever go back full time, though. Maybe just for a few weeks, until I got bored. Think I'll always need to be back in the city, even if the career isn't going right.

Speaking of which - I found no less than SEVEN jobs to apply for. Seven. In the space of a fortnight. Five were in Glasgow, one in Manchester and one in London (yes, I resorted to that). I've been knocked back for one so far, have yet to hear about the rest. But you just never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment