Photo by Chris Scott

Sunday 30 December 2012

New Year's Resolutions

First of all - Merry belated Christmas!

Due to weather I ended up with an unexpected stopover in Aberdeen for two days, but it was lovely. I've been home for a week now. I don't know what's in store for when I return to Glasgow on the 5th.

Anyway - that time again! New Year's Resolutions in the hope they might happen. Here we are again, with the ones I made last year:

Get a new job.
(Kept: no, but efforts made)
Same as last year, a couple of interviews but nothing yet. Hopefully 2013 will bring a change, even if it's by way of an admission to a Masters.

Learn to drive.
(Kept: nope.)
New paper licence finally acquired, but due to monetary restrictions have been unable to actually book any lessons. Hope to do so in the new year.

Open a savings account.
(Kept: yes)
Alas, I proceeded to spend all the money I got. Oh well.

Renew my passport.
(Kept: yes.)
Oh yeah :D I think, if I can pull together the money, that a little weekend abroad might be in order for next year. 

Go to the dentist.
(Kept: HAH!)
Moving on...

Live a little.
(Kept: no.)
Again, if I succeed with learning to drive and getting a new job, that might help.

Get a new hobby.
(Kept: no.)
Poi spinning fell spectacularly by the wayside. Will try again in the new year.

Go and visit Auntie Iz in her new place.
(Kept: yes.)

Visit Arran and / or Bute.
(Kept: no.)
Again, might have been easier if I'd learned to drive. Hopefully this year, since I have no concrete plans beyond the Folk Festival. 


That's three out of nine kept, poor show! Six I'm carrying into the new year with me, along with the hope of getting into one of the Masters courses I applied for. 

Have a good new year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment