Photo by Chris Scott

Sunday 7 April 2013

Hello again, blog.

To the few of you who bother to keep up with this blog...I'm so, so sorry for the lack of updates. But the fact is, I just haven't felt like it.

A few developments have taken place in recent months:

1 - I have been diagnosed with depression, which I'd been suspecting I had for years but has recently worsened to the point that I didn't even bother to get out of bed some days. I finally decided to go to my doctor and tell her how I'd been feeling. I was prescribed a drug called citalopram, which is a slow-burner as far as anti-depressants go, but it's helped, I won't lie. I have also been going to group counselling, and sharing my experience with others who are going through similar has been equally great. I'm now waiting on a phone consultation with my doctor to update her on my progress. I'm having good days and bad days so far, but the good ones are picking up.

2 - The work situation continues to be absolutely dire. I haven't had a week of full-time shifts this year, and it's not exactly picking up (although with certain further changes occurring within the system I'm assured it will eventually). It's left me in a deep financial hole that has left me owing money, including rent arrears. Needless to say I most likely will not still be living in this flat by the end of this year, although as to where I'm going to go is another matter.

3 - I'm still applying for jobs, and have had a couple of interviews, so I'm not really getting anywhere. It sucks, because a few of the jobs have been ones I've really wanted too. I'm about to go back to Strathclyde Uni's careers service to see if they can help me at all.

And that's really it. If I feel able to update you on my progress I will, but thus far, this year is panning out to be one of the worst on record.

No comments:

Post a Comment