Photo by Chris Scott

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Sunshine

For once, the nice weather in Glasgow has coincided with me having some days off from work. Not a bad thing, eh?

I'm getting back into swimming, but with the days being so nice I've not wanted to be cooped up in a building, so I've been doing a lot of walking. I've been walking from my flat all the way down to Pollok Park (which must be at least a good mile), then from there cutting up to Kilmarnock Road and back. It's been a good way to get an idea of my surroundings. It's weird, when I first moved to Glasgow from Shetland in 2006 I had a small pocket of the city centre that I never left. But now I'm so much braver - even though I'm still a bit of a naive country mouse at time - and as a result it feels like Glasgow gets a little bit smaller all the time.

I'm currently taking full advantage of Spotify to properly get into Iron and Wine's back catalogue. Not much else happening really.

No comments:

Post a Comment