Photo by Chris Scott

Tuesday 7 September 2010

I'd give you everything I've got for a little piece of mind

This ended up turning into one of those evenings when I ended up simply trying to catch up on sleep following an early shift, and slept till about 2:30am. I hate such nights.

I've found a job to apply for in one of the libraries in Glasgow. I think it'll suit me better than my current paid job - assuming I'm considered to have enough experience for it.

I now own a printer at last :)

I'm still involved with the publisher and loving it a lot.

I still haven't found a new home yet. There's nothing within my price range in the west end. Having been to the south side the other night for an open mic night with a friend I'm starting to think it might be just as good, plus not as pricey. Besides, all the writer types seem to be living there. Funny how all the parts of the city that aren't the west end have thus far contained a major pull factor for me. I discovered the advantage of Dennistoun in the latter two years of uni because about 70% of my friends from the union (at least, the ones who didn't live at home) lived either there or in the Merchant City. I could only name you two of them who lived somewhere in the south side (one lives in Dennistoun now) and three in the west end, and one in north Glasgow (who, to my knowledge anyway, no longer lives there). Now I've graduated and gotten properly into the writing scene, still hardly anyone seems to be in the west end.

It's not that I think the west end is a bad place - it's not at all. It's full of lovely things. It deserves its good reputation for the most part. But after a while, when you've lived there too long, you start to take it for granted.

I wish I could think of something exciting to put in here. I promise it'll be exciting next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment