Photo by Chris Scott

Friday 3 December 2010

Bah, Humbug.

So...it took me until earlier this week to start my Christmas shopping. For me that's uncharacteristically late. By this point I'll usually be at least half way through.

I'm not feeling as enthused about it this year as I was last year, mostly because of money and also just the low feeling every Christmas since 2007 has brought me. I'd be a great subject for one of those cliche-ridden Christmas movies where the Scrooge-like cynic is made to see the light and starts embracing the joys of the festive season.

The large council tax bill I ended up paying the other day didn't help either. I do at least get a discount since I live with a student who isn't legally liable for any of it, but it's still a huge drain which I really don't need.

Also need to communicate with The Paid Job about Christmas and how I shan't be here to work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment