Photo by Chris Scott

Wednesday 8 December 2010

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

I'm making two separate posts because putting two together seemed inappropriate.

Yes, for those of you who don't venture out of your home often, it has snowed in Scotland.

Dunno why 2010 thought we deserved more snow, given the onslaught of it at the beginning of the year that saw my ferry back south get delayed when I returned to the mainland after Christmas. It got worse, and didn't let up until the official start of spring.

Well, about a week or so ago the chaos started again. I first saw a flurry fall outside my flat late one night, and when I awoke the car park out the back of my building was completely white. So too were the pavements. I was thankful that I was put on shifts at handy stations for getting home.

See, when I was little snow was fun, because it meant days off school and sledging on the hill behind my house. But now it means hassle. It means struggling to get to work and worry about getting home for Christmas. It's just annoying and I want it to stop.

Then again, the park across the road from me could be fun to sledge on...

No comments:

Post a Comment