Photo by Chris Scott

Friday 15 April 2011

Thoughts on the Royal Wedding

So...late last year we discovered that Prince William, second-in-line to the throne, had become engaged to Kate Middleton, his long term sweetheart. They then announced the wedding would be held on April 29th at Westminster Abbey.

Now, a lot of folk I know couldn't care less about this year's royal wedding. I don't know if it's just to do with us being Scottish or what, but a lot of folk seem to be trying to escape the country when it does happen. Most folk are making the most of a free day off. I'll be off too. I'm not meant to be, because the nature of my work means that my colleagues aren't supposed to be entitled to the day off. However, I'm not coming in to work that day because it is, in fact, my birthday.

So what will I be doing? Well, to be honest, I'm just going to put this out there: I think I'll watch it. There, I said it. I don't have any particularly strong feelings towards the royals, but I want to see what Kate's wearing. For some reason I love looking at wedding dresses even though I'm not even attached to anyone. Sad, I know. I might not even watch it all the way through, maybe just some of it. Or I might see if it ends up on the iPlayer and watch on there instead. I think it's nice that two folk in love are getting married, but I don't know them personally of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment