Photo by Chris Scott

Thursday 7 April 2011

Yet another long overdue update

So yeah...I got bored of Tumblr. Some days I even forget to log into it. But today it occurs to me that I've neglected this blog, and it's only 14 months old.

I forgot to say that my reading at WPM 10 went down a storm, even though I was full of nerves. A lot of people had really good things to say about it, but I was also so chuffed that I was on stage with such a good line up. Next month's line up looks even better.

Home was good too. Among other things, my dad turned 50 when I went home so the siblings and I had dinner with him, and I managed to catch up with most of the people I'd been meaning to see for ages. I do feel a little sad that I now won't be back home till August at this rate, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I should also add that Cargo will be partnering with Literary Death Match for an event at the Arches on April 14th. You can pre-book tickets at the link provided or pay on the door.

On a more personal note, it finally hit home just how much weight I've put on in the last year when my blue Vivien of Holloway was found to no longer fit me, when I had plans to wear it to a wedding in July. I'm therefore trying to cut down on the bad food I eat. Fewer chippies and better exercise. In addition I'm hosting my first ever flat party. Not sure how I feel about this, I just hope it's successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment