Photo by Chris Scott

Sunday 4 April 2010

Oh no, it's another music meme (stolen from Gillian)

Stolen from Gillian, a music meme. Feel free to pinch.

Put your MP3 player on shuffle, and write down the first line of the first twenty songs. Post the poem that results.

I gotta whole lotta things to tell her
Maybe somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere
You're a part-time lover and a full-time friend
I work all night, I work all day
Well I won't back down
You say you stand by your man
In this faded room I sit
Well my heart knows me better than I know myself
I am an anarchist
Wanna be the ruler of the galaxy
Don't know why I have to work
I'm going down to the house in the woods
Kiss me, out of the bearded barley
She said, "I'm Rosie," I said "I thought you were Rose"
I've just seen a face, I can't forget the time or place
Roll up, roll up for the mystery tour
I wished I was smarter, I wished I was stronger
Chewin' out a rhythm on my bubblegum
Cause he gets up in the morning, and he goes to work at nine
Run and tell all of the angels, this could take all night.

Artists and Titles:

1. When I Get Home - the Beatles
2. Orion in the Sky - Shawn Colvin
3. Anyone Else But You - the Moldy Peaches
4. Money, Money, Money - ABBA
5. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty
6. Train in Vain (Stand By Me) - the Clash
7. Can U Wait That Long? - Shakespear's Sister
8. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
9. Anarchy in the UK - the Sex Pistols
10. Song for a Future Generation - the B-52s
11. Save Me a Place - Fleetwood Mac
12. House in the Woods - Tom Petty
13. Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
14. Creepin' Up the Backstairs - the Fratellis
15. I've Just Seen a Face - the Beatles
16. Magical Mystery Tour - the Beatles
17. Top of the World - the Dixie Chicks
18. Rockaway Beach - the Ramones
19. Well Respected Man - the Kinks
20. Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment