Photo by Chris Scott

Monday 12 April 2010

Stuff what's happening in my life just now

And so...

I can list the next couple of weeks of my life up until a point this year.

April 19th: One essay due.
April 21st: Awards ceremony for union volunteers.
April 23rd: Deadline for other essay and also the uni's creative writing competition. Sadly, these will have to be pushed back by at least a day for me because...
April 22nd-24th: ...I am going to see my auntie in Newcastle.
April 28th: Helping out with the uni media groups at an out of school club in the southside...if I can sort out my disclosure form on time :/
April 29th: I hit the first palindromic age I've been for 11 years and that I will be for another 11 years. This growing old malarky scares the crap out of me, because growing old means I will eventually die.
May 11th: First exam
May 16th: Going to see the Bundles at ABC with my good friend Martin. They feature cartoonist / performer Jeffrey Lewis and singer-songwriter Kimya Dawson (yes, her of Juno / Moldy Peaches fame). Sounding pretty awesome so far.
May 26th: Second and last-ever exam. Yes, being that I'm a Lazy Arts Type I therefore only have two exams. It's the fewest number of exams I've ever had. I'm not complaining.
May 29th: 50th birthday party for my uni newspaper.
June 6th: My grad ball, when I finally get the excuse to wear my Vivien of Holloway dress for the reason which it was originally purchased. This is also the day my flatmate and I will be vacating our current digs. We'll need to find a way to somehow work around this...
June 20th: Paul McCartney at Hampden. Actually...I've just remembered that. :D
July 12th: Graduation. Yes, as of this day I shall be what's known as a graduate, no longer the scum of the earth...unless, of course, I am on the dole by this stage. Which I'm sure I will be. Which is why the job hunt is happening now.

I'm scared. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment