Photo by Chris Scott

Sunday 11 April 2010

So much happening...

Hello ladies and gents.

So yes - I have not been on lately. Well, for one thing my cousin was visiting. I haven't seen her in ages so it was good to do so. We did lots of fun things together, from going to ABC to seeing Alice in Wonderland (at last - I liked it). And we went for a wander around the West End.

I have also had essays to do - eek! Two due within four days of each other - and I lose a day on one because I'm going to Newcastle D: Sigh. I cannot fail these essays either, they're both worth a large portion of my overall grade. Remind me, why did I not take classes I could actually muster interest in? It doesn't help that my uni's library is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. I might actually have to venture to one of the other libraries in the city to obtain sources relevant to my subjects. The only thing that reassures me is that both essays are now at about 40-45% of the approximate required word count.

What makes it worse is that my uni are holding their annual writing competition and the deadline is the same day as one of my essays. ARGH. I really wanted to enter this year. Okay, with the standard of writers on my course (I can assure you all now, I am NOT the best one there) I probably have no chance of winning. But I got commended last year. Admittedly little effort went into last year's...ahem...effort. I used a play in Shetland dialect that I'd had for years, it was so old it went into my Advanced Higher English creative writing portfolio from 6th year of high school. Commended is not bad. Commended is acknowledgement, it gets into the booklet and therefore still exists. That was all I wanted for years and I got it. I suppose I'm happy with that. The bother is, I have a new idea, but I'm not sure I have the time to write it. I guess I could try during study breaks?

Ocht...I'm fed up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment