Photo by Chris Scott

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Family ties

The other night my cousin Maria told me a few things about my family. She sent records to me detailing a few things about our great-great grandparents that I'd never known - I'm not going to mention them here because they're personal, but it was a bit of an eye opener in so many ways. I discovered all this stuff I'd never known about my paternal granddad's lot, and to say the least it was emotional. I also found the record on that website of my granddad's birth and death, but it only has the year of his birth, not the full date. I plan to email the person running the site and ask him to rectify this.

I'm in my flat just now watching my flat mate's DVD of 'Nosferatu'. It's so scary. And a total rip-off of 'Dracula', to its cost - Bram Stoker's widow sued the arse of the studio for all it had, which turned out to not be much since it folded following the lawsuit. All copies of it were destroyed - or, at least, all copies existing in Britain. The destruction law did not apply in Germany, the film's country of origin, so prints survived and were merely restored accordingly. So glad - Nosferatu could have become one of those hidden gems that got lost, like, for example, a lot of Theda Bara's movies did.

My dissertation's due in about a fortnight and a half. What a terrifying prospect O_O I also need to vastly improve my grade for CW, having been given a paltry 55% for the last assignment >.> Whoops. My overall for that class is now 60% but needs pulled up big time. I can do much better. So I must work on that assignment this weekend in time for next week.

I also discovered this gem of a song earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment