Photo by Chris Scott

Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day

So...my intention today is to phone my mother and grandmother and wish them both good tidings for today. I'm also going to have to phone my other auntie. I know my mother got her present (she opened it a day early) but I'll need to check my granny got her stuff and my aunties both got their cards. Yeah, I send cards to my aunties. Why not? :)

This week, I have also been made to feel thankful that I'm single.

Now, before I start, I'd like to point out that I have nothing against finding the right person and having something good. If it ever happens to me I'll welcome it with open arms. It just hasn't, yet. I've had one near-negligible experience that could be called a relationship - and in the three and a half months it lasted we literally saw each other three times before I decided to start ignoring him in the hope he'd get the message. Not the most tactful way to kill a romance, and I've learned from my mistakes and will not do such a thing in the same way again. But anyway...

My flat mate broke up with her boyfriend of 20 months last week. To be honest, I thought little of him to end up with. He was bossy and controlling, and as far as he was concerned it was his way or the high way. He proved to be loud, selfish, insensitive, bad mannered and pedantic. There were two occasions that he was outright offensive to me about people I knew. And although he made out that he loved my flat mate, he could never love anyone as much as he loved himself. She and I actually made a list of things about him that bothered us both - most were hers but a couple were mine. We filled 6 whole sides of A5 paper. It wouldn't be fair to go into detail about them here since this blog is public, but I can't say I'm too gutted that he's out of her life (and therefore out of mine).

And to cap it all...I may be nearly done with my dissertation. Don't get your hopes up, that's a maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment