Photo by Chris Scott

Thursday 4 March 2010

I Got Those Essay Deadline Blues...

Da-Dum, da-dum...etc. Ah, 12 bar. In fact, it's tempting to pick up my guitar and write a song about it. I haven't written a song in nearly five years. Even then, the last song I wrote was a shoddy mini-epic designed to help me pass Advanced Higher Music. I took both my notebooks full of songs to uni with me for some unfathomable reason - they were all written over a space of two years. I guess the only way you could describe the music I made was angsty acoustica. Probably not a new genre either. But it was kind of a release for me to write stuff like that. When you went to school with the folk I did, you needed it.

Anyway...sorry, tangenting again.

Yeah, I've just double checked all my essay / assignment deadlines for this year. As follows:

Next piece for CW - due March 19th. 1000-1500 words, including a commentary of approx. 300 words. Of course, since CW
D**********n - yes, that deserved to be censored. This bastard thing's being driving me up the wall for months. I swear to God, I'll be speaking tongues come graduation day. Anyway, yeah...8000 words of prose followed by 2000 words of commentary, due about March 30th. Did I mention it's worth about 25% of my overall degree classification? Eek.
Detective Fiction essay - yes, this is actually a class on my university course. We had such a pish syllabus this year...anyway, yeah, 3000 words, due April 19th. Followed by
Private Self essay - yet another class I bitterly regret taking. Another 3000 words, due April 23rd.

Thankfully these will be the last bits of coursework I ever need to hand in before exams, then I am out of education forever. Or, for the foreseeable future. Getting into the working world for a while might do me good. That way, I can read books I actually want to read, and write things I actually want to write, and not have to be overly analytical of the former.

Then again...I need a job to keep me afloat. >_>

No comments:

Post a Comment