Photo by Chris Scott

Monday 5 July 2010

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

So...for just now, things are sort of working out.

I had my first induction day for my shiny new job today. I have four shifts this week, and four next week and the week after, so I'm getting a fair bit of money next month at least :D Like I say, only having casual / temporary work is a pain, but hopefully it'll all work out somehow. Plus...I like money, and having it regularly, and not being on the dole :) Although I'm still having a few uniform issues.

I tried recently to read the last 'Twilight' novel and was put off by its utter shitness. I know my friends with sense reading this will shake their heads at me. 'What did you expect, foolish child?' I can hear them cry now. Well, yes, I concede, it's a poor conclusion to what could well be considered a poor series written as a fantasy for teens. I won't deny, I actually thought the first two books...weren't bad. But the third one wasn't all that engaging. The last one was worse, I got bored about 500 pages in and threw it aside in a rage. Then I moved on to re-reading 'Sense and Sensibility', which I've been meaning to do since I tried to read it for study in second year. It was a much better book. Now I'm reading 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson. Yes, I'm somewhat late hopping on this old bandwagon, but so far I like it - fast paced yet subtle stuff.

Finally...graduation. Still kind of having mixed / ambivalent feelings about this old thing. But I have bought myself a mose awesome dress to wear to it :D Just need to get my hair done now...still not sure what to do when I've graduated. I'm going to apply for a CW Masters anyway - having a year out will help me hone my portfolio to be the best it can be, and also earn a bit to fund my way. If that doesn't work out...I'll renew my passport, save up some more money and go to Japan again to teach English, if only so I can go back to that awesome place again.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, congrads with your new job. Then, if you ask me, 'Twilight' (or 'Fucklight', as I call it) is a Goddammed shit! All that crap love-story with vampires and emo characters really disgust me! Some say it is quite simmilar with 'Wuthering Heights', but I don't see any simmilarity!

    Amy B.

    PS: Don't forget to check out my blog, Spring Dawns At Heights, where you can see the best love-stories of all times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much :D I agree, people who compare 'Twilight' (or 'Twi-shite' as my friends call it - we be Scottish) and 'Wuthering Heights' talk out their arses, they're nothing alike!

    And your site is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete