Photo by Chris Scott

Tuesday 22 June 2010

At Last!

So - the uni finally gave us our results, and I got a 2:2.

I won't deny, I'm a little disappointed. It was my class choices really. I got 40% for one of them - a bare pass. This is really the year I could've done without that but never mind - they could have kept all the good classes on the syllabus and not removed them because of certain lecturers either being promoted, going abroad or fucking off on research leave. The course is changing next year so all classes will now be one semester and continuous assessment, which sounds better to me anyway. There's also the small problem of my dissertation getting 55%. Ah well, after I found out - entirely by accident, I assure you - which lecturer was marking it I knew it wasn't going to do well. I held false optimism about it but I shouldn't have kid myself.

So, yeah - didn't go as well as I'd hoped. However, if I do decide to go for a CW Masters, there may be the possibility of getting in on the basis of a portfolio I have to submit as opposed to purely academic merit. Besides, some of the best writers don't have degrees in anything, never mind their craft.

Oh, and I can also confirm I have a casual summer job working in the subway ticket offices, so that's something to be cheerful about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment