Photo by Chris Scott

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Unemployment Still Sucks

And so, the ongoing saga of the dole.

Basically, for various reasons I'm not keen to go into, I couldn't make my sign-on appointment last Friday. I phoned my Job Centre to explain this and they told me to phone back on Monday to arrange a new time to come in. Said new time ended up being 10am today. So I went in, to be told I couldn't just sign on, I had to go for a Failure to Attend appointment, which was scheduled for 3:40pm.

Keep in mind also that I live at the other end of the city from the Job Centre I'm registered at (still) and I couldn't afford to get the subway home, I'm typing this from the uni library, where I'm waiting for the time to creep round. Think I'll go to Fopp and torture myself by looking for bargain books I can't afford until I need to head back out there.

I hope I can get regular enough hours on the subway to justify signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment