Photo by Chris Scott

Friday 11 June 2010

Unemployment Sucks

I'm sure you saw this coming.

Yeah - unemployment = skinto. Signing on ain't a whole barrel of laughs either - especially when I have to cross to a whole other part of the city to actually do it. Of course, I tried phoning the Job Centre's Benefit Enquiries line to explain this to them - which I was told to do when I first went to sign on. So I phoned them. Was then given another number which turned out to be that of the Job Centre for the area I live in now. They then transferred my call to the Job Centre I'm currently registered at, who then told me to - guess what - phone Benefit Enquiries. So I tried them again - and once again got redirected to the Job Centre for my current area. I gave up at this point.

Acht, claiming my money only has to happen every couple of weeks or so. But of course, if I'm down at the wrong address I'll get in trouble. I have a job interview on Monday - well, actually an aptitude test which may lead to an interview. I'll go to my nearest Job Centre and order them to change my details for me. Assuming I don't get the job I have the interview for.

Have also realised that my imagination appears to have run dry in my old age :( This breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment