Photo by Chris Scott

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Obligatory Post-Ball Blog

So yeah - grad ball was, well, a ball!

I always love an excuse to catch up with my coursemates :) I was sat at a table with a few of them from the last four years (three of them with plus-ones), a number of whom I hadn't seen in as long as a year.

Photobucket

And before you ask, yes, the Oran Mor was roasting. I wish I'd brought my black feather fan. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

After a really awesome tea - Scotch Broth for starters, steak pie and veg for main and sticky toffee pudding for dessert - the floor was cleared and the ceilidh dancing started. Ceilidh dancing is fun, and this time I actually had folk to dance with, which is unusual. Of course, I'm clearly not much good at it. In primary school we were always given traditional dancing lessons for Christmas parties but clearly I've failed to retain anything I learned then (hey, it's been well over ten years since I left primary school, what did you expect?!). Of course, the one dance I did know how to do was Strip the Willow, and when it was announced as the last dance of the evening my friend Ross asked me up to dance - only for my dress to give way halfway through. Thankfully I managed not to flash the entire dancefloor - that WOULD have been embarrassing. Apart from that, though, I'm glad I went. Think I'm going to need to acquire another mini sewing kit in case something like that happens again though.

For now, I'm waiting on my results and job hunting. Unemployment is very boring. Then again, I do have my first meeting with the people I'm working as an intern for tomorrow evening...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment