Photo by Chris Scott

Saturday 20 February 2010

My Bucket List

Just now, I've been compiling a bucket list. As in, that list of things I want to do before I die. Don't worry, I'm not going to die any time soon. I just dreamt this up out of boredom.

To begin at the beginning...before I die, I'd like to do the following, in no particular order:

Get published

You saw this one coming! Well, writing's the only thing I've ever been any good at really - or so I see it. As long as I can come up with a good idea and convince someone to publish it I'll be okay. I guess I'll have to be optimistic - or someone will have to be anyway XD

Go back to America

Well...actually, I've already been there. The first time was in 1991, aged 3, when my family and I went to New York to see my mam's pal who lives there. The next was in 2002, aged 14, when we went to Colorado with one of the local music groups. Both fun, but I desperately want to go to California - just cause it's so warm there. Probably not as shiny and romantic as it's made out to be by the media, but it's warm. Or to New York again, maybe Florida. Any of those would be lovely :D

Go back to Japan

I'm pretty sure I mentioned I'd been before, right? Well, that time I went to Towa-cho, a small town in the Iwate province (near the towns of Hanamaki and Morioka). And that was nice (despite my friend Evonne and I seemingly getting racially abused by some random old geezer on the streets of Morioka). But I think next time I go, I should like to go to one of the main cities, i.e. Tokyo or Osaka. I still have the Rough Guide to Japan Mam bought me when I went over there, I'll flick through it and see what else I fancy.

Go back to Australia

Yeah, I've been here too! Just before we - that is, the group of students I was with - went to Japan, we went to Australia (although via Tokyo Narita airport). We started in Brisbane and then went to Sydney, although I have to admit I much preferred the former. I'd happily go back to Brisbane in a heartbeat, if I could afford it. So warm, even in winter.

Visit some more of Europe

Lot of travel plans, huh? Yeah...I've been to a couple of other bits of Europe. I've been to Norway, France, Belgium and Spain (twice). I'd like to see more of it, though. For one thing, I learned German at school but I've never actually been to Germany or any other German-speaking country (I know they're only limited to Europe though). I'd also like to go to Italy, Poland and Sweden, and maybe back to France and Spain again.

Get back into acting

For eight years while I lived in Shetland I was a member of Splinters Youth Theatre, a local drama group. I wasn't actually too bad at acting if I do say so myself. One of the things that attracted me to the university I'm attending was the theatre group there. I joined in first year, then did nothing more with my membership for the whole year, then it expired and I never renewed it. When I graduate I intend to rejoin, or perhaps join another theatre group in the city (there are plenty more!). I had more confidence when I was acting.

Take up an instrument - or several

Actually, I do play stuff. I'm very musical. While at school I played cello, although my old teacher in high school was incredibly unencouraging because I was so useless at sight reading. I play guitar as well, but I've not played in ages because of having other things to do. I should really play instead of mucking around online all the time. I sing too, but again my voice gets little exercise beyond either the shower in the morning or when I'm blaring music off my iTunes library during *cof* study. I'd love to be able to play fiddle or viola, and drums. Maybe piano too. And...what else did I fancy playing? I'd like to play harp. Yeah, that would be epic. On that note, forming a band would be fun too.

See all my favourite bands who are still around live in concert

I think this one's pretty self-explanatory - although I've seen both RHCP (back when Frusciante was still in the fold...ah) and Franz Ferdinand live twice each. I'd love to see the Foos again :)

Get married and have children

Again, shouldn't need to explain this one too much.

Settle in Glasgow

Or this one.

And there we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment