Photo by Chris Scott

Monday 24 May 2010

Here comes the sun, and I say it's alright...

So...Glasgow has been scorching hot these last couple of days. I know it's May, but where did that come from?! It's not helping study, that's for sure ;)

My last ever exam is in two days, and I've still not found a flat at the time of writing this. But yesterday I sat out on a patch of grass in my bit of Glasgow with a good friend of mine. We had a couple of cigs and a couple of beers, and a long talk about things that had happened to each of us over the past year, and in amongst it all we ended up dragging out one of the disposable barbecues from my flat and cooking two sirloin steaks on it. Yum. I've not had a barbecue in so long - certainly didn't have one last summer (although I meant to). Here's hoping for a few more while this nice weather lasts. Hooray for summer.

Only trouble is, I came in from being out yesterday and now appear to have heat rash, despite having liberally applied sun oil (SPF 30, I might add - none of that SPF 7 shite that's as much use as cooking oil!) to my arms and face. I've been repeatedly attacking it with after sun cream, which works for a while, and then it just flares up again. Aside from that, I like the sunshine.

A few more things happening this week that will hopefully improve this year overall and may mean my degree wasn't a complete waste of four years of my life - will keep you posted with more info as and when I receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment