Photo by Chris Scott

Friday 7 May 2010

A Hung Parliament, You Say?

Well now.

So...after everyone complaining about how we shouldn't vote Tory, they've got a majority in Parliament. Just a slight problem - it's not a proper majority.

See, this is the trouble with first past the post. So many votes are wasted. Sure, it might look like that candidate won fair and square but did they? Well, not if their majority is less than 50%, thus being a marginal victory. It has also led to this:



I really do wonder why I bothered now. Admittedly I kind of had to pick a party and a candidate - my mam was actually casting my vote by proxy for me (I was registered to vote in Shetland rather than Glasgow) and so I couldn't protest at the candidates by drawing a phallic symbol or writing 'yer maw' on my ballot paper. Now I'm thinking I should have got my mammy to do just that for all the fucking good it clearly did ¬_¬

You know what's especially gutting is this: the high likelihood that it'll be David 'Enchanted Pancake Face' Cameron that gets the leadership. I'm sorry, I can't believe people in this day and age voted Tory, with their dated opinions. Not to mention, us lot North of the Border still haven't forgiven them for Thatcher. I still can't believe she's getting a state funeral after the massive cock up she made of things. I'm going to be paying taxes soon, I'm not going to if I'm funding her funeral. Unless they bury her alive of course.

It also annoys me because frankly I'd just like this election to be over. It's all we've heard about over the last few weeks. As far as I'm concerned, in terms of hung parliament, hang the lot of them I say.

In other news - ZOO saw sense and elbowed Danny Dyer. With that level of backlash it was inevitable.

Thought of the day - why are hiccups so hard to shift?!

No comments:

Post a Comment