Photo by Chris Scott

Saturday 1 May 2010

Potential Hobbies Following Graduation

So, first things first - double deuces.

That's right, my friends. On Thursday I hit the big 2-2. (I hope this is the only 2-2 I get this year, I would instead like my degree to be a 2:1). I spent a lot of this in the pub, although I dipped out for the Mexican themed night at the union, where my friends and colleagues there presented me with a nice big cake. It was delightful :)

Today I went to town with my friend Meredith. We were going to an open day being held by a studio that runs...wait for it...poledancing classes, which we were thinking of taking up as a hobby.

Now, I know what you're all going to say. What are you thinking? I hear you cry. Well, here's an idea - note I said HOBBY. There's something very different from a CAREER. Yes, my financial situation is nothing short of dire but it's not that dire. I should point out that pole dancing is actually pretty good exercise, plenty of people do it to keep fit. Indeed, Meredith and I were permitted shots on the poles earlier and I was breaking a sweat doing even bog-basic beginner exercises (although I can imagine that (a) being pretty unfit and (b) wearing jeans did not help matters an awful lot). Besides, it depends on what happens re money at the end of uni. I'd need a job to fund my new habit.

Also - I went out to my friend Kelley's flat for a games night, in which we christened the Scrabble board my flatmate got me for my last birthday (poor neglected thing that it was) and played a gay-friendly version of the Game of Life.

Tomorrow night - 90s night at the Cathouse. It'll be the first time I've been in that awful place in three years, but tonight could be a lot of fun.

2 comments: