Photo by Chris Scott

Thursday 6 May 2010

Response to ZOO letter

So - for those of you who requested it of me (on FB) please find enclosed the response I got from ZOO's editor.

Frankly I think it looks pretty generic, as he didn't even start it with a greeting, although a slight improvement on the open one posted yesterday to the site:

Thank you for your email regarding this week's issue.

Firstly, let me unreservedly apologise for the inappropriate and indefensibile response to a letter which appeared. I am very sorry for any offence it has caused.

Danny Dyer, and everyone else that works on Zoo condemn any violence against women, and by way of a sincere apology we are making a donation to Women's Aid.

An internal enquiry is underway to find out how this extremely regrettable production error occurred and I will be tighening up any procedures necessary to ensure it cannot happen again.

We have already posted an apology on our website and will also be printing a fuller apology in next week's issue.

Regards

Tom Etherington

Editor

Zoo Magazine


I sincerely hope he sticks by this. After all, yes, men's magazines are a form of mysogyny but that doesn't give them the right to threaten women with violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment